Croatia and Slovenia Custom Travel Adventures
Explore the Balkans during your European family vacations. This central European region is relatively untouched by tourism, but offers as much, or more, as more popular destinations on the continent. What a perfect vacation spot for families, with stunning diverse scenery, ancient castles and cobble stoned towns. Slovenia is like a picture postcard with is dramatic Alpine peaks, turquoise green rivers, castles and caves for endless exploring. Croatia with its azure blue Adriatic waters is great for kayaking and swimming. Explore the historic towns of Split and Trogir and bike through quaint villages.
Family Adventures in Croatia and Slovenia:
- Kayak in the warm waters of the Adriatic Dalmatian coast.
- Bike through quaint villages and visit historic towns.
- Learn the art of cheese making.
- Uncover rich folklore in stories and fables.
- Be entranced by enchanting Bled.
- Stay in a guest house on the gorgeous Lopud Island.
France Custom Travel Adventures
Introduce your family to an amazing cultural travel adventure during your travel to France. There is so much more to France than Paris. Experience the French countryside with its charming markets, vineyards and chateaus. Bicycle is a great way to introduce your family to the medieval villages that dot the French countryside. Kids, ten or older, will enjoy our leisurely biking trips that include bikes that are equipped for mountain or flat terrain. Take some time to explore Lascaux, the oldest and largest cave site in Western Europe, with its Paleolithic drawings.
Family adventures in France:
- Explore the off-the-beaten-track arrondissements as you meander the cobblestone streets of Paris.
- Visit kid friendly art galleries and museums that house some of the world’s most magnificent treasures.
- Browse local neighbourhood markets.
- Grab a baguette, French cheese and pastries for a picnic at the park.
- Explore the chateaus of the Loire Valley by bike, while stopping to sample the region’s world renowned wines.
- Take a family cooking class in Provence.
- Float past medieval castles and enjoy the spectacular scenery as your family canoes along the Dordogne river.
Italy Custom Travel Adventures
Travel to Italy is about culture, architecture, history, magnificent scenery, and great food all rolled into one country. What kid would not mind having pasta, pizza and gelato? A leisurely bike ride through the countryside is a great way to whet your appetite for the gastronomic delights while perusing local markets in the countryside. Biking through Puglia, cooking classes in Tuscany, visiting kid-friendly museums and much more. We can plan your Italian family vacation from start to finish, including staying small quaint local hotels, villas, country homes.
Family Adventures in Italy:
- Take a kid break and visit the only museum in Rome for kids, Explora Museum (Museo dei Bambini di Roma).
- Have fun buying ingredients at a local market for your hands on Italian family cooking class.
- Bike and walk through quaint Italian villages.
- Mask making, great fun for kids in Venice.
- Master the basics at a genuine gladiator school on the ancient Appian Way. This is a memorable experience that you kids are likely not to forget.
- Play detective in the tunnels of the Catacombs.
- Visit the charming town of Puglia to see the fun fairytale upside down houses.
Portugal and Spain Custom Travel Adventures
In Portugal and Spain your family can explore stunning Moorish castles of centuries past one day, and the more modern architectural wonders of Gaudi’s fantastical houses the next. World famous museums like the Prado, offer interactive 21st century ways of introducing your kids to art and science.
Both adults and kids will delight in the unique Iberian cuisine. Enjoy the delicious tapas and freshly caught Mediterranean seafood, and indulge in the region’s chocolates and pastries. A visit to this region would not be the same without swimming in the turquoise water and basking in the warm sun of the stunning beaches.
Family Adventures in Spain and Portugal:
- An early evening flamenco performance– perfect for kids — runs only for 45 minutes.
- Explore Toledo with the red “ZocoTren,” a small tram that goes in a loop around the city.
- Visit the world famous Prado museum with interactive hands on experiences for kids.
- Visit the Alhambra palace in Granada, one of the wonders of the world, and climb its Alcazaba tower.
- See Gaudi’s amazing mosaics of dragons and chimneys and gingerbread house.
- Rent bikes to explore the beautiful beaches and cuisine in Catalunya.
- Laze on the beaches of the stunning Portuguese Algave coastline.
- Visit the Marionette’s Museum in Lisbon with a collection of over 1,000 puppets.
Turkey Custom Travel Adventures
Turkey is geographically and culturally the crossroads between East and West. The country’s rich history and diverse landscapes provide endless opportunity for family adventure. Introduce your kids to an interesting ancient culture that still thrives in a modern world. Explore bustling bazaars, exquisite mosques and palaces, and sample food that will delight.To start your adventures to Turkey wander through the amazing fairy chimneys at Cappadocia in Central Anatolia. Cast your eyes on the incredible library among the ruins of the ancient Greek city of Ephesus. Board a wooden sailing boat to explore the gorgeous coastline with turquoise water, beautiful beaches and interesting villages. A visit to Turkey has to include drinking mint tea and having a meal at a local villager’s home to truly learn about their culture.
Family activities in Turkey:
- Meander the bustling bazaar in Istanbul that will dazzle you.
- Discover caves and fairy chimneys at Cappadocia.
- Sail on a gulet with crew through the turquoise waters of the Turkish Rivera.
- Learn about ancient civilizations through exploring historical cities and sites.
- Enjoy Turkish delights at a local family’s home.
- Sample the delectable Turkish cuisine.
Book your family holiday in Europe »